How to Save up to 50% on a new website with a Local Enterprise Grant
As part of the National Digital Strategy, The Irish government has identified the need to encourage more small businesses to develop their online digital presence. To support this goal, the National Digital Strategy is aiming to get an additional 1,000 businesses trading online by the end of 2018. To achieve this, the Local Enterprise Office have been in touch with web design firms such as Oglesby Media to offer the Trading Online Voucher Scheme to our clients.
What is it?
The Trading Online Voucher Scheme offers small businesses the opportunity to develop their website or digital marketing strategy by availing of vouchers of up to €2,500 or 50% of project costs.
Who can get it?
Any company or sole trader business with the following criteria should consider applying to the local enterprise office for the scheme:
- Less than 10 employees
- Annual revenue of less than €2m
- Applicant business must be registered and trading for at least 12 months
- Business must be located in Ireland
- Current trading is limited or non existent. Example: you're already selling on Amazon or Facebook using Shopify Lite but not on your own e-commerce store directly.
What can it be used for?
The vouchers can be used for any of the following activities:
- Hiring a web designer to develop an e-commerce website to sell your products or services online.
- Upgrading an existing brochure website to an e-commerce website.
- Making your current website mobile responsive.
- Implementing an online booking system for a business such as a restaurant, gym, beauty clinic or adventure centre.
- Purchasing of Shopify apps or themes for a Shopify online store.
- Purchase of online advertising. For example Google Adwords or Facebook & Instagram Ads.*
- Developing a mobile app for Android or iPhone.*
- Hiring a digital marketing expert to develop and implement a digital marketing strategy.
- Training for management of your Shopify online store, SEO, Google Adwords, Facebook & Instagram Ads.
More specific details on eligibility are here.
How can I get it?
Simple, just download this application form and submit to your local enterprise office. Some local enterprise offices are quicker at processing applications than others. For example, Carlow LEO will process the application within 2 weeks.
Contact your local enterprise office here.
If you're starting a new business and wish to sell online then this voucher scheme is a no brainer to help you save some money and get professional advice and help to get your online business off on the right foot.
According to the Local Enterprise Office website, over 2,000 business have already benefited from the scheme
As a Shopify web design and e-commerce specialist working with the Local Enterprise Office in Carlow, I can help you with the Trading Online Voucher Scheme application so you can save some much needed capital and re-invest into other areas of your business.
If you've any questions or would like to get started selling online, get in touch.